A McDowell School Day

I go to a school called McDowell Middle School. Our days are different from other places. I get on my bus at 6:55 am. My bus is one of the last busses to get to school at around 7:50 am. 

My first class starts at 7:55 which is advanced math. My next class starts at around 8:50 am. This is my science class. The next class starts at 9:45 am and goes till 10:36 am. The 9:45 to 10:36 am period is my advanced ELA class. The next period is lunch which goes on for 30 minutes. Then we have something called AE is stands for academic enrichment. I will be honest with you AE is basically a shorter guided study. Lunch and AE span for a total of 1 hour and the next period starts at 11:43. 

Our 5th period here at McDowell is a little weird. It is our longest period and is around 5 minutes longer than the second-longest period. This is my Social Studies class and it goes on till 12:44 pm. My next period is known as Guided Study. For anyone who doesn’t know what Guided Study is it’s basically another period for you to get your work done. Guided Study goes on till 1:38 pm. My final period of the day goes till 2:33 pm. This is my art class time.

There is a weird time in between Art and the end of the day. It’s like two minutes for you to just linger around until around 2:35 pm where school releases. After you are released and ready to go home every one who is picked up goes and finds whoever is picking them up. If you ride the bus then well obviously you go and get on the bus.

Credits for image: circlevilleherald.com